Your next prayer could change your life. Go back to page 2. How did you fill in the blank? Are any of the disappointments on page 3 affecting you?
It’s time to act. Ask God to help you make the decision to push through those roadblocks, overcome those hindrances, and begin praying as you’d like to. If you get discouraged, don’t let that stop you. The Puritans had a saying, “Pray until you pray.” Keep praying. You will soon pray with renewed confidence.
On the other hand, it could be that you need to start with the most basic step of all. Perhaps as you’ve read this booklet, you’ve sensed that you are not sure you have a personal relationship with God. You realize that you are a sinner (Rom. 3:23). But you also need to know this:
• You can’t save yourself (Eph. 2:8-9).
• Jesus, the sinless Son of God, lived the perfect life we could never live (1 Pet. 2:22).
• Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for all our sin (1 Cor. 15:3-4).
• Christ’s resurrection is proof that His sacrifice was acceptable to God (Rev. 1:4-6).
• We receive the Lord as our Savior by faith (Jn. 3:16).
Ask God to save you from the deserved penalty of your own sins. Trust Him to rescue you. You will find that this request will be the most important prayer you will ever pray. It is this prayer for salvation that provides an unshakable foundation for all of the other prayers you will offer up to God.